Thread: Adult colors?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #10
yorkieisme
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshopper73 View Post
Well, let's see...I shaved Gracie down (using a 1 guard) in June...it was SOOOO flipping hot. Since June, her hair has grown a little over an inch. Yes, she has an extremely slow growing coat. The last time I shaved her down, it took over a year for it to be back to floor length.

She loves being shaved down...she HATES being brushed! LOL After all, it is just hair.

You can get a product (if I remember correctly) that's called Omega 3 (like I said don't quote me on the name, contact yorkierose) that helps with skin and coats.

Otherwise, just make sure that your yorkie gets a good balanced diet and they should be fine.

Cutting/shaving a yorkie down will not make the hair grow back to a correct coat. Just like humans...just because you shave your head down and previously had straight hair doesn't mean it'll come back in curls.
Thank you so much .......I didn't cut his hair, someone else did because he was not taken care of. The breeder had to fix it since he had mats in his short coat. And I want him to wear a long coat.
yorkieisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!