Old 09-14-2005, 06:36 AM   #2
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrap
POOCHIE'S PLUNGE

September 14, 2005 -- EXCLUSIVE

A berserk wife trying to boot her estranged hubby from their Bensonhurst apartment beat him with a hammer — then tossed his beloved 8-month-old Yorkie, Poochie, out of their sixth-floor window, cops said yesterday.

"She just threw him right out. Then she picked up the carcass and tossed him in the garbage," the dazed and still-bleeding husband, Bernard Garber, told The Post.

When cops arrived at the house, Garber's 39-year-old wife, Diane, incredibly told them, "I was cleaning and threw the dog out of the window by accident," police sources said.

The horrifying incident unfolded at around 3:30 p.m. Monday in the warring couple's apartment on 85th Street in Brooklyn.

Bernard Garber said the pair, who had been married more than 20 years, had first separated in 2001, but got together again about three months ago.

He said he was supposed to be moving his things out Monday, but he wasn't doing it quickly enough for his wife, who he claimed had been drinking and flew into a rage. That's when she began punching and scratching her husband on the face and ears, sources said.

She smashed his TV with a hammer and tossed the TV at him. She also bashed him in the head with the hammer.

"She said, 'I'm throwing [Poochie] out the window,' " he said. To his horror, she did just that — flinging the tragic puppy out of a window that overlooks 19th Avenue.

The husband said he and his wife ran downstairs to the sidewalk, where they found Poochie's body.

Bernard Garber said his still-crazed wife then grabbed Poochie's limp body, wrapped it in a blanket and tossed it into the building's Dumpster.

He called 911, and cops busted his wife.

Sickened building super Roberto Colon said he watched as Diane Garber ran downstairs to the dog's body, which landed in front of his apartment.

He said she was drunk and remained emotionless at the sight of Poochie.

"She's not normal. There's something wrong with that lady," he said.

Diane was arraigned last night and charged with torturing an animal and assaulting and menacing her husband.

She was released without bail.

"I don't want to talk about it," she said as she left Brooklyn Criminal Court.

Bernard said he doesn't want to press charges against his wife.

"I don't want her to go to jail," he said. "I just want to be through with this."

Additional reporting by Kate Sheehy and Tatiana Deligiannakis

I'm totally speechless I just don't know what to say.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!