View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldo View Post
I took one of my female yorkies to be bred for the first time to a stud I have not used before. He is a long legged 2 lb. stud, and my 4lb female is low to the ground so they are close in height. Anyways, this stud was having trouble penetrating (was on her back, another time his penis was in her rectum...) The owner finally told me that their male had only tied once and usually they use AI. Since the dogs were the same height, she asked if I could let them try longer b/f using AI b/c she wanted to encourage natural breeding. It finally seemed that he had ejaculated, stopped humping, and his tail and backside were contracting. Her husband (who is a vet) checked to see if they were tied and pulled slightly. The stud slipped out no problem -- the wife was sure he had ejaculated and that we should have held them together for 10 minutes, the husband insisted the male had not ejaculated b/c there was no tie??? Anyways I'm suppose to go through this again tonight -- I'm a bit concerned b/c my female may only have 1-2 more days of standing heat -- is it possible for a dog to routinely have trouble tieing -- should I just ask to skip the natural breeding (in case this happens again) and just request AI????
You do NOT have to have a tie in order for the male to ejaculate...I don't care if he is a vet! You also do not have to have a tie in order for a female to get pregnant.

A friend of mine bred two of her dogs. He was in, ejaculated and had slipped out in a matter of seconds. It was the only time that they were together and she ended up with a litter of 3 or 4 (can't remember exactly how many).

A tie is much preferred but not necessary.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!