View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #7
piptickle
Love my Mika!!!
Donating Member

Your situation sounds very similar to something that happened to us recently. I take Mika pretty much everywhere with us, I'm a SAHM so she goes out alot. I always let her meet other dogs BIG and small and theres never been any problems. She also lives with 2 other dogs-a staff and an OESD. Recently I took her to my brothers house and she met his 6 month old staff pup. I let her off the lead and Mika attacked him I was really taken aback She had never snapped/growled before at anything!!! I tried to calm her down but she was not happy, my brothers dog was fine he didn;t feel threatened at all and was just trying to play with her. I found once she was back on her leash she was much happier and actually started to play. But once I let her go again she got all defensive. I think the leash is like a security blanket to her, she feels safe and secure and is much happier. I am going to continue trying her off her leash with my brothers dog, I want them to get along, but carefully does it Hopefully Boston will learn to play nice too with time and patience. Good luck to you both
piptickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!