Thread: dog food
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #13
cinniesmom6928
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Teeth Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
well first off it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find an ingredient list on their site... first warning bell.. they don't WANT you to know what's in. I did find one set of ingredients tho.

The first ingredient was meat- not "meal" which means the meat content is being weighed with its full water content. Once dehydrated to bake it would be lower on the list of ingredients. The next two ingredients are "fillers" starches that dogs dont need a lot of.. some are fine.. but they need to be high quality. Corn is also a starch in the food which is hard to digest by dogs and is usually linked to allergies (itching, watery eyes)

Also listed are bi products. These are the parts of animals that are not suitable for human digestion (ie. feet, heads, legs, fur). NO dog should eat a food containing bi products.

While dogs do need some sort of fat :animal fat: is too broad of a term... there is no telling where the fat is coming from and the source could honestly be ANYTHING.

Lastly- they are using a synthetic form of Vitamin K which has been linked to liver issues and is now being removed from most high quality dog foods.

This was for Purina Pro Plan and some info came from Dog Food Reviews (the part about the Vitamin K)
Thank you so much for ALL that info. - I found it very informative, and one I will definately stay away from - Thanks again!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!