View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #18
piptickle
Love my Mika!!!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy 87 View Post
Collars are nice. I put one on Tila when we go for walks and when I take her somewhere with me. I walk her with a harness though. You'll just have to watch. I read about some of the stories and I thought I'll be careful. But then one day Tila was running around the house with her collar on, (its so cute. Light purple with rhinestones and her tags on it). Anyways I turned my back for a few seconds to grab something from the fridge and she had gotten it caught in her mouth. I got it out quick! She wasn't hurt thank goodness. I just keep an eye on her when she's got it on, so she don't get into anymore monkey business.
This is only happens if you put the collar on too loose. You should only just be able to get 2 fingers under the collar and I wouldn't use the type that have an elastic panel in them either. If they get stuck on something and the dog struggles the collar could flick up and end up in their mouth.

Everyone I know personally, use collars full time it seems to be common practise round here. I don't know anyone who has had a problem, my mum always used collars on our dogs growing up and she instilled in me the importance of ID tags always being on show. Your dog is much more likely to be returned to you quickly if the worst should happen and they get loose/lost if they have a tag on display.
piptickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!