View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:40 AM   #21
memer1968
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry response to question about maplewood kennel

Please be very careful when purchasing a puppy of any breed from Maplewood Kennel West Virginia. I unknowingly bought sick puppies from her.
At first they seemed healthy, but within their first birthday, they were diagnosed with genetic glaucoma. One died during surgery to have her eye removed. One has had her right eye removed and we have been advised that it won't be long until her other eye will have to be removed as well. A third one is borderline at this time. Our vet advised it is only a matter of a short time before her eyes will have to be removed. I cannot describe to you the emotional and financial devastation. It has affected several families. Our vet has assured us over and over that the results from dogs this young having the severity of this problem are from BAD breeding. The puppies are all half sisters having the same father in common. I do not recommend this breeder for any breed of puppy whatsoever. We are in the process of trying to close her down. We have reported her, and are taking legal steps to try and protect other buyers from the heartache and devastation we are going through. And as a side note, one of our puppies was doing what Rhonda called reverse sneezing. It turned out, she lied. It was the beginning of seizures.
memer1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!