View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
pippinsmommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

I know he shouldn't be eating anything with a bi-product in it but it's the only food I can get him to eat. He won't touch anything else and like I said this one food that his vet recommended made him constipated after just 2 days of eating it. The food that he is eating now has small kibbles and a few foods that we've tried have these huge kibbles and he hates them, their too hard for him to chew so he refuses to eat it and I have tried crushing them up to make them smaller but he still refuses to eat it. He's never tried anything fish based before and I'm actually almost afraid to go out and buy it because if he doesn't eat it then thats just more money wasted. He refuses to eat a can food, the first time I gave it to him he sniffed it and then flipped his dish over on the floor, he just doesn't like it.

I called my vet about a week or so ago and asked about allergy testing and sadly my city doesn't do it but she said it was really expensive and that she'd have to refer me to Edmonton which is 5 hours from where I live. She also said there was no point because allergy tests in dogs are not conclusive enough to determine what type of allergy it is.

-Kelly
pippinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!