View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
Jokerman
Senior Yorkie Talker

I'll probably get flamed here but I don't think all Purina foods are bad. I don't feed it to my yorkie, but I fed Purina Pro Plan to my last four dogs, along with a lot of raw chicken and beef. These were large breed dogs, from 85 pounds to 130 pounds. They did great on Pro Plan and lived to be very old, ages 15, 15 1/2, 15 1/2 and 16 years old. So, obviously the Purina didn't hurt them and they were healthy all their lives. Purina Pro Plan and Purina One have changed their formulas since I started feeding it 20 years ago, and is not as good quality as it originally was. But, they're still better foods than the majority of pet owners feed their dogs. Also, there were not as many premium dog foods 20 years ago like there are now. I have seen many dogs raised on Purina dog foods all their lives and lead long, healthy lives on it. There are also many show breeders of large breed dogs who still feed Purina Pro Plan, and raise many champions on it. If I was feeding a dog who ate five pounds of food a day rather than the 1/2 cup my Yorkie now eats, I would probably still be feeding Pro Plan, and have no doubt my dog would thrive on it.
Jokerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!