View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 11:13 AM   #9
Snow Yorkies
Biewer Passionate
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan
Hey Sue, I was listening the first time, honest...lol.
I was unaware that any Biewers were registered AKC. New one on me today. I can't even imagine how they could accomplish that. I have only done DNA on my boys, since I know where my girls have been...and they're unfortunately unable to use these tests for genetic defects as yet. Hopefully that will come in the future so we have more to rely on than the gamut of other screenings we use now.

Before breeding Tippy, I would try to find out as much of the health history as many generations back in the parentage as possible. You cannot simply rely on HIS current health. The possibility of him carrying recessive problems is always a factor.
To tell you the truth I haven't seen the actually registration on this assumed AKC Biewer. But I understand there is a breeder that is telling people that their Biewers are AKC registered. I wish I could see you the source, but maybe other members here can educate us both on who is actually making this claim.

I to know where my females have been... I just want everything on file as a just incase measure... as you sell puppies to the public a dispute may someday come up on parentage and this will enable me to have this information. With the cost of 60.00 I feel it is reasonable. And as we have read many posts there are new issues and with dealing with the public I have learned... you just never know.

Oh, my I hope I only submit this reply once. Here it goes.....lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!