View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #4
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

OK so you need to teach the action before the word.
They do not understand words they understand action better and always.
So to get her to learn come there a few ways.

First teach her name.. with the name game. Get a few people sitting around the room and call her name once she is looking at the person that called her have them make a fuss.. puppy puppy in a high pitch voice. once she gets there good girl good girl and pass out the treats.

Get her going from one to another and across the room to them.

NOW that her name means something.. do not use it in random conversation now is the time to give her a pet name like baby or cutie for when you are just talking. Keep her actually name for look at me and listen I am talking at you.

Next now you have name response you can either stick in come after the puppies name and repeat the name game or.

Head outside and play tag catch me and have her chase you and call come as you run away.

I hear you now your thinKing the dog will come only if you run.... that ok right now you want the puppy to think you are Gods gift to him and nothing else matters.... once the puppy catches up stop turn squat and say good girl pass down the treats.

After you got puppy coming on a running come .. walk, then step then stop motion over a time.

OK that one way the other is to long line the puppy and as you call come you gather then line.. no pulling and draw with care in your direction and use high pitch puppy puppy here I am calles... Trick is it come once and lure in do not repeat the come..... Throw a party once you get the puppy to you and sitting in front and hand on him or her.

Now come is only used when you want him to come for good things.
If you need to trim nails go get or doctor in anyway or lock him up to go out.

Also Come is alway kind, gentle and a party. If you call come off a smelly gooey or interesting thing and the dog does not come hit yourself.... in those things go get the dog.

If while learning the dog does not came first call... oh well toss a party once he gets there and if you mad take it to another room and hit your self... Come most always be a great and wonderful event to get to Mom as it can save a life.

JL
YorkieMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!