View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
Jeri Cunningham
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spypeach View Post
I think I used to post her a long time ago, so maybe some of you will remember me. I have two Yorkie's; Gracie and Bella. We got Bella 3 years ago and things have never been that great between the two of them. But recently Gracie who is 6 has gotten more and more aggressive towards Bella. We cannot have any toys in the house because Gracie wants them all and will hurt Bella if she tries to get one. She also bites and goes after Bella if Bella barks to close to her. I think I have decided to surrender Gracie, but it's so hard because she is such a great dog in every other respect. But poor Bella is afraid of everything, she runs away from people including me and when she does try to show affection she seem real uneasy about it. I'm so torn. Does anyone know if this behavior can be stopped, or will it just get worse.

I would have started a different thread for this, but I don't know how

I have nine dogs ranging for 16 + lbs to 4.9 lbs. It takes a strong hand to be very ALPHA so they know they need to always get along. If one of the dogs showed any signs of agression towards another dog I would pick up the dog being picked on and say loudly MINE! then growl at the agressor. Even with the new Biewer we brought home our Teddy needed top be reminded how to act. A few tough MINE while I was holding Spanky and they are fine.

For toys if one has a toy and another one takes it away I take it back and again say MINE and give it to the dog that had it first. I can actually give only one dog a bone and the others will leave it alone.

It can be stopped and will get worse if it isn't. Be tough with the agressor and let then know you will NOT accept this behavior. It really does work.
Jeri Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!