View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
victoriasueno
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile New YTer with New Yorkie

I joined YT about a month ago so I could gather info as I was looking to get a Yorkie...
I'm Victoria, and I just got a baby Yorkie boy.
I initially wanted another Chinese Crested however my boyfriend (whom I just moved in with) didn't want a 'naked' dog running around. We talked about it and getting a Yorkie was A) the only dog breed we could agree on and B) the only dog breed I felt comfortable getting.
I've raised toy dogs before (my Chinese Crested as well as a Toy Fox Terrier) and while no two breeds are the same, I felt confident enough to dive head first into a new breed.
I'm glad I did!

Our little pooch came home on July 31. I swear my boyfriend thought I'd gone mental. The day before I hit every petstore and pet boutique in a 10 miles and stocked up: a crate, food and water bowls, 2 beds, 2 collars, a leash, tons of toys, treat, food, pee pads, bitter spray, nature's miracle spot remover, tons of paper towels. The list went on and on. When the dear things came home my shopping got worse! I love shopping, especially at pet stores! (I'l post all about that in the proper place as I have a question or two.)

For now I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. Outside of my obsession over my dog, I'm new to the Portland/Tigard area of Oregon as I recently relocated from Honolulu, HI. The 'why' is a long story. The short answer is I moved for love, my boyfriend. I left my Chinese Crested in Hawaii to help my mom deal with my leaving (I'm an only child and I lived at home until now), our Crested, Bailey, was like a second child to her so I couldn't bear to take him away from her. My boyfriend saw that I was missing Bailey and agreed I could get a puppy.

Picture of Mr Belvedere attached. I made myself pick one otherwise I'd try to attach 200 pictures of him!

Thanks for reading!
Victoria (and Mr. Belvedere)
Attached Thumbnails
New YTer with New Yorkie-img_2053.jpg  
victoriasueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!