Thread: Breeding Info
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 09:45 PM   #13
whispersmom2
Inactive Account

Sounds as if you are starting this process correctly. I researched and read and visited and soaked info like a sponge over a 3 1/2 year period before I felt comfortable enough to start the actual process. MY MENTOR WAS THE MOST VALUABLE PART OF MY EDUCATION!!! And still is.
Make sure you have the absolute breeding stock that you can afford. I would suggest that you use your money to buy the premium female(s). You can always use a good stud if you search and contact breeders. Learn the important things you should ask the owner and learn what they should ask you. If the pregnancy and or whelping has complications and for some reason you decided breeding is not for you(that happens often) you will have a manageable number of PETS and will not have to house a stud who will surely give you problems-cocking leg, marking territory, humping anything!.
Before you buy the first breed quality bitch, fiind a mentor, ask people if you might watch them when their animals whelp(don't be surprised if they mostly say "NO" cause strangers can stress the mom to the point of exhaustion).
So, good luck with whatever the decision you make..proceed slowly..
whispersmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!