View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilize View Post
I once read somewhere that you should treat your dog (your yorkie) as you would treat a person.

I think the recommend to treat your dog as you would a person comes from the point that if you do not beat a human to get them to do as you wish you should not do so with your dog.

There is no reason to get rough to train anything using the principles of learning theory as it is cross speises and so being a wolf, dog, human , whale bird or giraffe it all learned the same way. So you look at the dog in front of you and not that it a wolf from long a ago.

You bet they have a language and it is also shared cross species. Some are in use by cats and other animals as well not just wolves.

Dogs read us far better then any other species of animals as they have learned to by adapting to us to make a better chance to live in our homes.
Treating them totally as a human and not a dog does not honour them for what they are an amazing creature that is so well able to fit our needs, to learn to do what we demand of them and to love us in in the face of our inability to always understand them.

I would not want them human nor do I want them a wolf. I want them as they are Dog in their every changing shapes and sizes.

JL
YorkieMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!