View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #34
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I started using some stuff from Avon called "Anew" on my daughter's scar a few weeks ago and boy has it worked. It's actually for stretch marks, but I read a bunch of reviews where people used it for scars and liked the results, so I figured, what's it going to hurt? Used Mederma for a while, but I really can't say for sure if it was working, or if it was just the wound healing as it naturally would have anyway. But it definately got to a point where nothing much was happening, so I swapped the new stuff and can really see improvment.
My daughter's plastic surgeon said that the most important thing to do to minimize scarring was to avoid sun exposure at all times! All 3 surgeons we've consulted agreed--said the sun could 'tattoo' a fresh scar to a purple/bluish color that no surgery or revision could reverse. (Didn't know until then that they even made SPF 85! Wow!) She also has to have tissue massage therapy every day to re-align the collogen and make sure that it heals evenly--not indented or raised. (So basically, pressured circular motion for 15 min a day.)
Hopefully for your son it will turn out to be more nasty road rash than anything and you won't be able to tell. Hope you son (and you!) are better soon.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!