View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #15
Dianezz
Senior Yorkie Talker

I feel kinda silly ....I did a fair amount of research on Yorkies...all purebreed info, so the word teacup wasnt ever mentioned. I read books...not internet searches..maybe that is why. I also read an AKC check list for breeders to abide by when searching for one. So that is what I followed to purchase my Baby. HOWEVER, I did call a woman who said she had teacups and although I knew of them, IT hadnt been mentioned , so I basically ended the conversation fast. I think I need to do some leaning. I thought teacups were breed to be tiny and were not purebreed. ANd that it was not healthy to the breed to breed tiny ones together. I read 4-7 pounds is the best to aim for ( but of course nature& enviornmnet decide a bit. Our puppy was born to parents of those weights and is a pure breed. Well that little stinker is 16 mos old and has weighed in at 3.3 pounds for 7 months. Now I know there are not teacups, and I was right to run from that "breeder", but I could use some education. I love this site!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!