View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
mandbsmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Too many issues!

I have one male Yorkie (Miles) almost 3 years and one female Yorkie (Bella) who just turned one. We had purchased Bella originally to a companion to Miles and ultimately to breed in her second heat. She is about 2lbs. smaller than Miles full grown, so as a safety precaution we thought we would mate her in a her second heat with a smaller stud. Her first heat just passed and we had both of our dogs separated the whole time except for once instance they got out for about 10 minutes and were unattended. I checked them both and I couldn't tell that they had actually done anything, but now I'm starting to think different. Bella has been out of heat for about a month and all of a sudden her nipples got bigger, she feels heavier and isn't quite as energetic as she used to be. This worries me a lot, because I'm concerned for the safety of my Bella first and foremost and I know this can be a serious health issue for her if she is pregnant because of her age and size as compared to my male. I plan on taking her to the vet to find out for sure, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts, experiences or ideas about my situation.....I'm feeling like a totally worried mom right now.

Please don't slam me, I totally understand how serious this situation is and would do anything to turn back the hands of time but the truth is I can't. I have to deal with this the best way possible for my Bell, so any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

mandbsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!