View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #7
Hannah3183
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
My advice is to get another BAT done. Honestly (1) BAT of 48 (which isn't extremely high) can't really lead conclusively to liver issues. So I would get another BAT to compare and also a CBC and Urinalysis.

In the meantime, I would stick with 1 food that's low in protein right now until you get some more definite answers, b/c all the switching of foods could be cause some issues.

Keep us posted.
She's had two CBC's and a Urinalysis which came back ok. They found a little microscopic blood in the urinalysis but that was it. First BAT was 48 (done by a different vet...went there for a second opinion) Second, was a snap BAT in which my vet said her numbers were pretty much this same (keep in mind this was only over the span of about a week). Since then she's been on metrodonazole and metocylamide (for vomiting), but she ran out of medicine about a week ago. She was fine off the medicine until last night when she threw up just a tablespoon of food about two hours after eating. When she went to slept, she was very restless and hopped up a few times to do this sort of snort type thing. The vet wants to do an ultrasound next, but I thought I'd tell them I wanted her on liver support medicine and a low protein food..then do another BAT in about a month.

Thanks EllieMay for all of the info on what protein she can eat, etc. I've got a nice page of notes!

Also of note - she shows no neurological signs. Her only symptom is the random vomitting.
Hannah3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!