View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
Hannah3183
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default low protein food

My vet originally put my dog on Hills i/d because she was throwing up. (This was before I went for a second opinion which discovered that she has some kind of liver problem. BAT at 48.)
When I started doing research, I found out that i/d isn't a good food, let alone good for those with liver problems. I'm soo frustrated at these vets! argh!
Does anyone know of a quality lower protein food I can switch her too? She threw up about a tablespoon tonight (first time in probably 2 wks) Do you think its ok to switch her food without telling the vet? I feel like ive been kinda coaching the vet along on how to treat her b/c ive been soo worried, and I don't want to tick them off to where they refuse to see her.
Im going to see how she does for the next few days before I rush her back in since they want to do an ultrasound. I want to talk to another vet first about what he thinks we should do from here.

I had read in a previous post about Royal Canin LS being ok for those with liver problems but that it tended to cause allergic reactions...so I kinda don't even want to try that one. Any other good ones out there? Also - is boiled chicken ok as a treat for little ones with liver issues?

Thanks for the help!
Hannah3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!