View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #2
KAISMOM
Yorkie Yakker

Hi Laurie , I'm not really sure about the social thing My pup is almost 3 months and I take her to the park , but we live in rural Iowa and the only other dog she comes in contact with is my girlfriends. She's not really sure what to think of her though and sits in my lap most of the time. I can assure you that yorkies can be in the cold but not for long periods of time , we go out to potty when its cold and usually come right back in , and she wears her coat too. My breeder warned me that yorkies can get pnemonia easy in the cold and to be careful with how long she's out ect. so if you plan on being outside with your puppy , I'd find a sitter. As for road trip's I'm about to find out myself how they do , my parents have a yorkie and jasper went everywhere with them , I plan on taking Kai to colorado next week. Does your puppy get car sick? Ive had that problem with Kai. Just a word of warning about dog parks be careful with your yorkie around bigger dogs my parents yorkie got attacked by a big dog when they where camping , the dog was off the leash and ran right up to their yorkie (he was on a leash) and my parent's could not get the big dog off. Jasper suffered broken ribs , and a broken leg. He did live and is fine now , (but he is not as tuff as he use to act around big dogs)
anyways I hope some one can help more then I did!! LOL
KAISMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!