View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
lollee
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New yorkie mommy, need some advice

Hi everyone,

My name is Laurie, and I've recently become the mommy of my 3-month-old Yorkie boy, Toby (short for Toblerone . I'm so glad I found these forums, since it seems like there is a LOT of good information contained here... I'd feel a bit lost without something like this around to reference.

I actually had a few questions that I was wondering if I could get some advice on:

1. At what age can a little Yorkie be taken to dog parks and puppy classes? I would like to start socializing my puppy to new people and dogs, but am unsure about the risk of him catching diseases. Would 15-weeks-old and all current vaccinations be adequate?

2. I live in Northern California, and will be taking a snowboarding trip to Lake Tahoe and I was wondering if Yorkies can be taken to cold, snowy places? Do young puppies have a big risk of catching cold in such an environment? Would this be safe, or would I be better off finding a pet-sitter?

3. Along the same lines as question 2, is it unhealthy to subject to Yorkies to travel and long road trips?

Thanks for any help! Sheesh, I can already feel myself becoming super anxious and worried and anal...
lollee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!