View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
AVERYxo
Lovin' my Girlies!!
Donating Member

Sad Update:

OK.. i didn't go to my salon's event today!! i just COULDN'T IMAGINE leaving her.. NOT knowing what was wrong! PLUS with Gemma it would be TOO difficult for Tim to go to the vet alone.. and we can't leave Gemma quite yet.

anyway.. Our on call vet met us & checked her out:
-He took xrays of her little head! (NO Fracture, etc.. THANK GOD!!)
-He took her TEMP. and she did have a fever!!
-So he took some blood and is sending it to the lab to have it checked out!(to be safe).

-She wasn't eating or drinking so he wanted her to stay the night.. with IV for fluids & a med. that will help prevent swelling, etc. (in case a concussion is present) (This could also be given by him, not just through IV).. I chose NOT to leave her! (he said he would be IN and OUT..but no one is there full time, until the morning! (He gave us the option to leave her or not! That is my LAST resort & I didn't think it was necessary.. We would be with her 24-7 to keep an eye on her and make sure she is hydrated, etc. plus i know she would be SO scared & sad.. i don't think that would HELP her condition)

-He put her on some antibiotics, for her fever! i have to give them to her over the next couple days! (he said her fever could be related to her head being hit.. OR it could be something else-which is why he took blood and put her on the antibiotics!)

So we will wait for the blood test results.. and keep an eye on my baby girl, along with giving her the antibiotics!
i DO have a better piece of mind.. KNOWING there isnt any swelling, fracture, etc. And at least we were able to find out about the fever and get that taken care of!! i have to go back in a couple days for a check-up.. and of course if she gets worse, go back asap!

She did eat a little little bit.. (NV Canned and a little cottage cheese) she drank a little water, but i want her to drink more!!

she is just sleeping and laying around.. still NOT herself!! she isn't throwing up and hasn't pooped(she was going pretty often and it was runny! ) SO..we are better than earlier this AM!

I MUST ADD how WONDERFUL her Daddy is.. He was up with her ALL night/early morning!! (prob got an hour of sleep!) HE LOVES HIS BABY GIRL JUST AS MUCH AS I DO.. & i could tell he was so worried about her!!(which made me EVEN worse!!)

thanks for the well wishes!! i really appreciate it!! xoxo. i just want my lil love to feel better.. Poor baby!!!!

If you could, PLEASE KEEP AVIE IN YOUR THOUGHTS/PRAYERS, it would mean ALOT!! THANKS GUYS, SO SO MUCH!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!