View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #10
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzangela428
Thank you...it brings tears to my eyes but even more sooo because I was too be headed into the city and would've been waiting for my train at the world trade center..funny thing is my alarm didn't go off and I woke up late...my mother who worked at 1 liberty plaza across the street was headed to the atm in the owrld trade center as she saw the plane apporach the first tower...she along with all the poepl on the street watched in terror as the plane hit..she still lives with the images of peopel jumping to their deaths, running for her life through the crowds...walking along the brooklyn bridge...not knowing what happened..I grabbed my brother from school..and waited to see what was going on..cell phones didn't work and all I could do was wait at my mother's house to see if she came home, she got home that night..she walked in the door..took her clothed off (dirty with soot, and ash)..walked to the mail box and stuffed them in there..she then went in the shower and cried for the next days!!! To this day she still WON'T work on 9/11 and it has effected her tot he point that she no longer works in the city..she went from making alot of money as an equity trader to working for NJ transit...because she can't handle the memories..so for everyone who lost someone I send my condolences...and those who lived through it my prayers are always with you!!
Oh my goodness what a moving story. I probably would have reacted somewhat like
your Mother, it's really hard to get those pictures out of your mind. To me in some
ways it seems like a life time ago and in other ways yesterday. We should never ever
forget that day.

crystalsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!