View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #11
Little Bit
Tiny Dog Big Heart
Donating Member

Smile

Yorkies are very smart, but like people they get bored easily with the same things that they already know. You have to make the training interesting and keep changing things up. Make it fun.

I have to tell you how smart my little puppies are. I had the floor of the expen covered with potty pads then put one of a slightly different thickness and texture in one corner. My plan was to slowly take away one by one the other pads until there was only the one in the corner to go on so they would learn to only use it. Well 90+% of the time this is what they used from the very beginning, I didn't ever get to where I had taken even one of the other pads away.

Then I decided to try a doggie toilet with a grid for them. Just started a few days ago. I put it in the spot where the pad had been. I set it down and each one took a turn and went pee or poo on it right away and they have kept using it since.

Then today when I was cleaning things all the puppies somehow got out of expen (they are six weeks old), so I quickly picked them up and put them back in. I counted to make sure they were all there and one was missing. I looked all around my office and clear over in the other corner of the room from the ex pen behind my desk is the big washable potty pad for the adults. There on the pad was the missing little boy GOING POTTY!!! What a little smartie pants!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!