View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
SammySyverson
Yorkie Yakker

Question Climbed over the doggie gate!

I am keeping the name SammySyverson even though my precious one passed away four weeks ago. We did decide to get a girl this time from the same breeder who is Sammy's half sister.

She is so stinking sweet that I could just kiss her all of the time! Sammy was extremely energetic with lots of fun little quirks...we will always miss him. But we made the right decision to get another one so soon.

I came home Monday from work to find her not in the area where the doggie pen is. She met me coming around our island in the kitchen. I was so perplexed. Sammy had been in the same pen for 9 months and had never tried to escape the pen. Well...out of five days this week, she has climbed over it three of those days! I even put two beach towels over it to try to keep her from being able to put her paws in the little holes. She is hysterical! We're off to Lowe's tomorrow to get some plexi-glass (I think I read about this on yorkietalk). We're going to velco it to the walls with some very sturdy velcro to keep her from being able to climb.

Because she is such a timid and sweet baby and the fact that she has slept for 16 weeks with 9 other puppies (two different litters), she has had a hard time at night. After several nights of not sleeping well at all, my husband finally agreed to bring her up to our master bathroom (using the gate) to sleep. She loved it! We all had a great night's sleep. She woke up twice, and I just started her heart-beat pillow I purchased from PetSmart, and she went right back to sleep. My husband (who is usually the hard one) said, "go get our girl and put her in our bed." I was shocked but pleased. She has managed to wrap him around her little paw!!

Enjoying our new little one!!!!!
SammySyverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!