View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
bonnielynn
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjfan View Post
So far I've taken my yr old Yorkie to a groomer about 6 times and she's been great. She too was recommended to me by our trainer. He is usually in and out in 2 hrs. I always get a call 15 mins before he's ready, and they will do whatever I ask them to. At first, he was quite skittish and she said it was hard to do certain things, like clean his pads. She told me to touch them to get him used to it and he's much better now, though he is still very very very happy to see us when we return. He is always given a bowl of water and a treat as well. I must say, however, after reading horror stories on this site, I am a bit wary of groomers now, even the good ones. I would love to groom my dog but I don't think I have the knowlege or confidence to use sharp tools. Can anyone recommend how to learn to groom a dog?
Atticus is pretty mellow. He loves when I groom him. I'm terrified to cut his hair, but now I am willing to give it a try, for sure. Please let me know if you figure out the best way to learn.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!