View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 05:24 AM   #9
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Thanks Jeri,
That is a great one for the future.
I tried the one I found last night with carrots, green beans and a sweet potato. (All fresh) I used 2lb of lean ground turkey and three cups of brown rice. I didn't add any oil or garlic.
The big test came when I tried it out on all three little ones.
WOW! What a reaction! I expected Skeeter and Cassie to try it and eat if even if they only half-way liked it but Adie is really picky. All three of them acted like they hadn't eaten in a week! SUCCESS.
This morning I gave it to Adie and Skeeter and they were jumping around and barking like crazy. A big surprise since Adie usually hides when meal time comes around.
So I have a tupperware bowl full of it in the fridge ready to go for DH. Whew!
I'm sold on home cooking! When I get back I'm going to try Jeri's recipe on them. Those would keep better.

Jen, I think Cassie will be OK with the veggies. She did well last night and I have often given her veggies from my plate at dinner time without incident. Her big problem is with cold food and beef. Even dog treats are starting to bother her now. We never know when she is going to have an incident. It is off and on. She is only nine but the vet says it is age-related. She does well on food for older dogs.

Thanks all!

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!