View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I am so very sorry to hear about your little one. I will share LacieBug's story with you and perhaps give you some encouragement. She was 4 when she started walking funny.... our vet thought it was a disk unjury, so he referred us to the UGA Veternary Hospital. Within about 3 minutes the University Vet said he thought it was neurological and suggested a CAT scan. The scan showed leisions in the lining of her brain -- I don't know the name of the condition, only that it was a type of encephalitis so rare that it is almost never discovered in a living dog, only found in a necropsy. The university vets had only seen a couple of cases and my local vet had never seen a live dog with the condition. I was sent home with 2 weeks of meds and told to go to my regular vet for follow up (the university vet did not expect her to live to take all of her 2 weeks worth of meds).

She was on prednisone for the swelling and periodically other meds for symptoms. Each time I took her to visit Doc I would ask him, "Doc, is it time?" and every time Dog would give me the same answer, "Cindy, listen with your heart and she will tell you." She lived for over three years -- what a brave, loving soul my little Laciebug was.

I will keep you and your little Brownee in my thoughts and prayers :hands;
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!