View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnbaby View Post
Hello everyone!! I put a post up the another night about my puppy not eating or drinking so we took everyone's advise and took him to the vet. They gave him fluids thru an IV which he sceamed the whole time. Now today is is acting weird again..Not eating very much at all and drinking very little. My fiance brings him to work with her in a crate. Could this be the problem? He is used to being free and chasing around the other dogs in the house. Maybe he is drepressed in the crate? Any help will be appreciated.
What you're describing sounds very much like low blood sugar. It sounds like that was what your vet treated him for the other night. This can get serious quickly. It can be brought on by not eating enough or too much activity. Puppies need to eat often and need their rest. It can also be caused by an underlying medical problem. It's a good idea to have some Nutri-Cal or Karo syrup on hand to keep their sugar level up. A dab on your finger is usually enough. You can give too much and it can cause a bad reaction so usually a dab a couple of times a day is enough. Given your puppy's history, however, I would try getting some Nutri-cal or Karo in him and getting him to the vet ASAP or you could have another serious episode on your hands. Good luck with your baby.
Woogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!