View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:37 AM   #9
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
The samples were sent to a genetist not just some lab somewhere. INterestingly enough the Biewer Terrier Club of America had her name and findings on their site which have now been removed. Kind of makes it harder to sell these dogs as purebred wrong colour Yorkies is my best guess as it was proven they are not pb piebald gene carrying Yorkies at all but were the results of crossing.
Really, people it doesn't matter at this stage except that they are not pb Yorkies. The Biewer Terrier Club of America is now trying to get them recognized as a breed, Terrier breed not a Yorkie. I hope they succeed and I do think it is great they are doing that. No longer can these dogs be represented as a 'rare' wrong colour of something they are not once the Biewer is recognized which the BT club will hopefully continue to pursue.
Again, it all depends on which "club" you are following. One one out of many Biewer breed clubs has elected to follow this path as far as I am aware, so this is not a 'blanket' answer that fits all. At the current time, there is still alot of skepticism and unanswered questions regarding Biewers floating around.
But I'm really not trying to turn this into a debate about the history of Biewers, because goodness knows there have been enough of those. (not meaning you Lorraine )
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!