Thread: My poor baby
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #12
ashmack
Yorkie Yakker

Unhappy Update: Hydrocephalus

So my baby has been diagnosed with Hydrocephalus. He had a CT scan today and there is fluid on the left side of his brain. It breaks my heart to see him like this. I should find out what can me done by tomorrow after the radiologist looks at the ct scan. The neurologist I went to today said he doesn't think it is enough to justify surgery and we will most likely have to try a steroid medication. But, he doesn't know if his symptoms will clear up. His left side of the body is effected, his legs and eye, which cause him to walk in circles and stumble. I am a mess, I've been crying all day. I don't care about the money I just want my baby to be better. The worst part about it all is when people are so insensitive about it. It's just a dog... no actually it's not just a dog. Ugh! The vet also said that this is a congenital disease. Which means that other dogs from this breeder are going to have the same problem. It makes me so upset that some breeders are that selfish and/or ignorant. Sorry to vent... I'll keep you guys updated.
ashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!