View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #15
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
YorkieDaze is right - you should keep some Wellness kibble in case you want it tested.

If ALL blood tests are 100% normal, why is the vet wanting to proceed as if it's pancreatitis? This part of the vet's decision doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm the worst fan of prescription foods, but if he was doing okay on it for those 2 days - I'd probably put him back on it, just to get him settled. See how he does for a few days. If he stays settled, it does make me wonder about that bag of food. If he stays settled over the next week, I'd probably then transition him off the food.

That said, I share EllieMay's (Crystal) concerns as to "what's going on here" - given the direction the vet is going here (kinda odd).

IF he gets sick again - I always give mashed potatoes (no protein right away, to hard to digest) - either canned or fresh with a bit of butter. You can also give a 1/2-1 tsp of Pepto Bismol. Canned pumpkin for diarrhea or if it's really bad, Immodiam or Kaeopectate (1/2-1 tsp).

Keep us posted!
I don't think (could be wrong) that pancreatitis always shows up on blood work. I think ultrasound is possibly the best way to diagnose it. Ellie hasn't had a recent blood panel at the time she was diagnosed with pancreatitis but her ultrasound showed it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!