Thread: Breeding Info
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
Yorkie_Mama
YT 500 Club Member

Default General info

since yorkies are not my only breed i also breed the toy aussies let me get general
find out the gen defects to watch out for make shure the stock you buy have been checked to not carry these defects look at mom and dads bites because babies bites dont mean too much six seven months mean somthing
look at each dog and rember every dog has a flaw some will be non breed standard due to the fault this is not a breeding dog what is your reason for breeding what do you want your dogs to have ..straight coats .. great temperment .. well make shure your BS parents have this go to shows try to talk to ppl who show find out what they want a dog to be ... Ch in lines is extreemly helpful what regeistry are you going to do how much is health checks on your kids to make shure there breedable like my mini aussies have to be OFA tested 2x and CERF yearly mini aussies are known for seisures so i cant breed untill there three years old to know they dont have that genitic find out about kennle licenes where you live you will need one and they will find out dont worry some state require that your neigbors agree to let you have a kennel ..even if the dogs are house dogs ... you have to have a kennel set up to have a kennel license and where will you keep you Males- females when your dogs in heat they cant play together you dont want 8 month old dogs Pregnat or x after time breeding because its an accident im not a pro but these are things ive had to deal with also if your attached to a dog and at a year you find out they cant breed ... do you keep them or place them ... I place them close to home so i can see them and try to cry in private when i do so and are you capable of selling your puppies .. thats hard lol this is just a small part of breeding good luck have fun and love your fur babies
Yorkie_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!