View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
JRo
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Tucker is sick and I am sad

On Friday, we woke up to Tucker having had diahrrea all over our bedroom. It looked like it was several episodes. He had diahrrea throughout the day but I didn't start to get too concerned until he started vomiting. He threw up 7 times! Also, he was not his usual Tucker self, he was pretty lethargic. Obviously, I brought him to the vet right away and they took x-rays to look for obstructions and did blood work to check for various things and...nothing! So 2 hours and $300 later, they gave him somem shots and some fluids and sent us home with prescription food and some meds to calm his belly. The diagnosis was he ate something that didn't agree with him.

After withholding all food for Friday and only giving him prescription food Saturday and Sunday with no more issues after we left the vet's, I gave him a bit of his normal dry food with the prescription food yesterday. Then we wake up in the middle of the night last night and he has vomited all over our bed! The poor boy! He has thrown up 3 times today and the vet said we should throw away his old dry food (Wellness Simple Solutions) as it may have been a bad bag and feed him prescription only for a week. I am so sad for my little boy! He is miserable and mopey and now he won't even try to eat!

Any advice?
JRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!