Thread: Help please!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 02:05 AM   #3
SammySyverson
Yorkie Yakker

Default alpha male

I just watched, "It's Me or the Dog" yesterday morning. It can be sometimes hard to understand what all the people are saying as they are British, but it is a great thing to watch. Yesterday, a yorkie kept the husband out of the bed, and he slept with the wife! He also wouldn't let the husband and wife sit together on the couch. The trainer's name is Victoria. She had the man turn his back to the yorkie to sit down on the couch. It worked. Also, she said no dogs in the bed with you. Victoria put up a doggie gate outside the bedroom door, and had the dog sleep outside the bedroom. It was a very hard first night where no one got much sleep. After that, however the dog was good.

I've also watched the "Dog Whisperer" which is good. However, Victoria gives some practical advice.

Your dog is definitely taking the alpha male role. When the dog begins to bite at your hands, try turning your back to him. Victoria said to ignore the dog as they hate that!

I hope things get better and I hope you can catch one of the shows I've mentioned.
SammySyverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!