Thread: her ears
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
Angelstarr
Senior Yorkie Talker

I think it is pretty normal from what everyone says especially when they are teething. I was so obsessed with Cooper's because only one would stand and I was afraid he would look goofy so I taped the floppy one for about a week. I couldn't do it the way they said to on all the web pages (shaving and taping in a V) he would not leave them on or sit still long enough.

But I was able to wait till he was sleeping really good on my lap and just fold it like a burrito ( for lack of a better discription) at the tip. and used duck tape to stick the tape to itself. so it wasn't on his ear really. it stayed on about 3 days. when it fell off his ear stayed up 2 days. Then fell. I re-did it and it waited till it came off again. His ear is up ever since.

So I was obsessive about it because I had a AKC Sheltie who's ears stood and were suppose to flop. I was accused of abusing her and that was why her ears were wrong. Believe me that was not the case. She was the best dog I ever had and was spoiled rotten she was obedience trained and therapy dog trained. She walked without a lead in the middle of the city and stayed at my heel. I was so hurt by one person's comment you will never know.
Anyway crazy what makes us do what we do for our fur babies.
Attached Thumbnails
her ears-cooper.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!