View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
mitchell
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default colitis

Colitis is basically inflamatory bowel disease but really bad. My Yorkie developed it aged nine and started passing mucus and blood with his stools. His tummy would make loud gurgling noises and he would often vomit and would sleep alot. Apparently Yorkies are prone to this disease. The vet put him onto antibiotics and a special diet which helped but as soon as he came off of the antibiotics he would have another bout of colitis. The vet wanted to cut him open and do exploratory surgery which I was not happy about as this surgery I was told was risky and my Yorkie is not a young man anymore. I said no to the surgery much to my vets disagreement and I also didn't want my dog on antibiotics for the rest of his life as this isn't good either so I went looking elsewhere for alternative treatments. I found a website www.doghealth.co.uk which sell homeopathic treatments for dogs and other animals, emailed them for advice and straight away put him onto two products called "Moor Gold" which is a tonic given daily and "Protect" which is a probiotic powder also given daily sprinkled on the food. After just five days my dog was alot better and touch wood to this day he hasn't had a bout of colitis, he's nearly eleven years old. He's happier and eats better I guess because he's not in pain,I suppose it feels a bit like a human with IBS and if you've had that you know what pain is. They are so friendly at doghealth and helped me choose the right products to give my yorkie. Hope this helps
mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!