View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
AlfiesMum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default A Friend For Alfie!

At the start of the year we were so desperate to get company for Alfie. We were looking at buying a female yorkie but my hubby told me that alfie's breeder says its best for alfie to have a male yorkie (later I found out that was not what he had said). So we bought a 16 week old york named Toby. At this stage alfie was only 8 months and Toby towered over him. We thought alfie would have been delighted to have company.....was I wrong! Alfie kept going for him so badly but then it did calm down but they just never got on. Then Toby started behaving so badly, he even got up on our kitchen table and went to the toilet there and I mean number 2. It was so bad we had to deinfectant the whole table and re wax it (it was only bought). So we did make the decision to rehome Toby. I did feel really bad for him and should have thought more before buying him but he was such and affectionate wee pup and I think he was just trying his best to mark his grounds. We did find a lovely couple with 3 children who I know would have given all the attention he needed. When I snuggled Toby, Alfie would have just went straight for him. I just thought it was so unfair to Toby.

Later I found out that alfies breeder told my hubby that it would be best if we got a female pup for alfie, my hubby just didn't listen to him. We are still thinking of getting that female pup but this time I will bring alfie with me to buy the pup so see how he reacts. So it really depends on him.

I'll put some pics of Toby into my album for you to see later. He was adorable.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!