View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie2006 View Post
Gracie had bilateral LP surgery, grade 2 and grade 3. She was skipping on one leg. My GF is a vet. She said a dog experiences pain every time the patella luxates whether they show pain or not. In her opinion, she would fix a grade 2 or higher. I have known her since high school and would trust her with my life. The only way to be sure that you will prevent the pain and disability associated with arthritis of the knees later is to fix the LP now. Speak to your vet, your veterinary surgeon, and anyone else you trust so you can make the right decision for your baby.
Great advice.

It might not seem she is in pain, but she probably is if she goes in/out of limping. A second opinion by a surgeon would be really helpful (some people even get 3rd opinions). The other thing to ask about (to the surgeon), depending on how they grade the knees - is whether they think a regimen of Cosequin for 6 mths-1 year could result in any sort of repair/prevention. But I think in terms of LP - Cosequin is really only a player in really mild forms of LP, like w/ my Wylie. Best of luck - I know this is a tough situation.

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 08-17-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!