View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
LindaC
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Luxating Patella

Would love some advice on my 5.14 oz yorkie Chloe. She has a 3 luxating patella and is not in any pain. She was limping last week but as of today she is OK. I took her to the vet, of course, and he said she had a No. 3 Luxating Patella. He mentioned taking her to an orthopedic surgeon for an opionion however, she is not limping now and from what I can see is in no pain. I really do not want to put her through surgery as I believe that is a last resort. Chloe is not a very active yorkie and from what I have read seems odd. She is content just lying around all day. She is too small to jump up or down from anything so I believe that is a plus for her. I am just concerned that down the road her knees will give her pain and don't know if it would be better to do the surgery now or wait. I just have a big problem with putting her through a surgery when she is not in any pain. She will be 4 years old in October.

We also put her on a diet as she is overweight and I hoping that will help with the knee problem in taking some pressure off the joints, therefore sparing her the surgery. I'm so confused as to what is best for her.

Any input on this problem would be very helpful. Very worried about her.

Thank you,
Linda C
LindaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!