View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 11:45 PM   #15
sammiz
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrincon17 View Post
yeah im not a fan of the police, at my store we will give military discounts and fireman but f the police. none of them are cool and theyalways ask , i go do you give me discounts off of my tickets?
I am so thankful that there are some good law enforcement officers out there. There are, however, far too many that are led by their egos and the sense of power that the badge gives to them and thus become guilty of 'abuse of power'. I believe the consequences for this officer were pretty much non existant. A little slap on the hand.

Even if his lack of compassion didn't contribute to the death of the poodle, he certainly did contribute to the sorrow and grief of those folks and they will never have the answer to that question. I think they should make him work with Animal Cops Houston for a long, long while. Those officers love animals and he would either learn something or be miserable for the whole while.

By law, (at least in CA) police officers are not to 'ask' for anything. Most won't accept if offered.

I have been put in bad positions by officers when they wanted free food in a restaurant (GA) I managed when I was young. Refusal got me "Well, you'll find out how slow we can be in responding for you when you need help".....I told him he was trying to force me to break the law by stealing something that wasn't mine and giving it to him. He was not amused. But it was true!! That's exactly what he wanted.

I also believe that certain people...cops, judges, people in positions of power, should be held to a higher accounting of thier actions.

And I would not have stopped.

Join today and remove this ad!