View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 07:57 PM   #11
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

It depends what you want for you dog. Cesar isn't an animal trainer, he won't teach you how to do to teach your dog to do tricks. I think of Cesar as I would Freud, he understands the "psyche" of the dog. He can tell you what a dog needs to be happy because these needs are not necessarily the same needs as humans. Cesar rehabilitates dogs that have been trained wrong and end up too aggressive. You can rent his whole series on Net Flix pretty reasonable, and you will learn how you should behave around your dog, and why. His methods are extremely important with people who own big dogs because a big dog should always know who is the boss, and should never think he's in charge. However, I believe his methods work well on Yorkies because sometimes they are too cute to discipline, and people end up with an out of control, unhappy dog. So knowing what you are doing really is making the dog happy helps in the training.

What exactly would you like to accomplish through training? Are you interested in housebreaking, trick training, or obedience training? Nearly all the people who write these books are behaviorists and their methods are very similar.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 08-16-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!