View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
sarajane
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help with agressive/dominant yorkie

I don't have the money right now for training classes so I thought I'd seek help here while waiting till I had enough to get my little man classes.
I have two shelties both girls and my boy yorkie. My little man isn't fixed yet but he will be soon I just don't have the money right now.(He's never let outside without being on a leash). I know that once he's fixed it'll help a lot of the problems I am having.
He is trying very hard to be dominant with my shelties and has fixated on the biggest one to attack constantly without any reason to. She basically ignores him until he goes to far and then she puts him in his place by baring her teeth and standing over him till he rolls on his back and bares his belly. He pretty much gets along with the other one and even plays with her like a puppy his age should (he's about 7.5 months old).
My biggest problem is he bites my husband and children. When my kids run through the house playing and they can get pretty loud my yorkie bites them and will not just get feet, but jump in the air and gets hands to. He isn't playing, he's trying to be dominant in my opinion.
I've never had this problem before with a dog and am not sure how to stop it.
I will NOT get rid of him as he is a permanent part of our family, but I absolutely need to find a solution to this problem until I can get him fixed.
Any help is appreciated. *he has never bit me*
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!