View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Phiggins19
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default What to feed a Yorkie

I have a 6 month old and the breeder had him on Eukanuba and ceasar dog food-beef. I read through Yorkie Talk and found this was not good because of fillers, corn, by-products. So I have started to change Buster's diet. I always leave out dry food and feed him wet food 2-3 times a day. I used to feed him 3 times, but he eats more - less frequently since he grew to 6 pounds. I tried changing the wet food first 3 days ago, since I have so much dry food. He did not like wellness too much. So I tried Nutri Ultra natures very best ingredients PUPPY(ultra holistic nutrition). It is a chicken, salmon, lamb formula. The breeder was an advocate of just giving my dog beef. Do I have any concern now that my pup is on a non beef formula. He doesn't have very long hair and I wonder if it is his diet. He's AKC registered so I don't think it is genes. Is their something similiar that is not as expensive.$1.69 for a 12 oz can isnt bad, but if I could try something healthy and cheap that would be ideal.

(I also found an interesting site that offers spaying/ neutering for less than 75$ spay@friendsofanimals.org for those interested)
Phiggins19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!