View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Terranova
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Clarification and thanks for your recommendation

Sorry, I should have clarified; by fetal development I was referring to in utero development. Since this species is typically born altricial and poikilothermic, they would be considered roughly similar to psychobiological development of a 4 to 8 month human fetus (taking into account the state of their development, i.e. eyes closed, lack of fur/hair, ears closed or partially open, ability to get rid of waist, etc).

All developing mammals (as well as thousands of other specific groups) have the ability to learn (thus be affected "by experience") from an amazingly early stage of development.

So what I really meant to say was that most all early experiences, regardless of how small or large, have some kind of effect on both physiology, neurological activity, and behavioral development. In some cases early exposure can have much more devastating effects. In other cases early exposure might have less devastating effect. Pick your early experience: diet, drugs, stress, cardiovascular changes, odors, taste, pain, pleasure, neurochemical changes..................... etc.

Now that I feel better about spouting about my pet peeves. Thank you for your advice. Since I'm not likely to be having any of these babies applying to Duke or Harvard in the next few years I suspect that my concerns might be a little over the top.

Perhaps knowing what you're in for before you get there might be a little helpful and not make it a survivor challenge.

I'm just a little surprised that this is a regular course of the breeding protocol if the assumption is to do as little harm as possible.

Thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!