View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Jersey Girl 3/2/07 - 8/13/08

My husband and boys brought Jersey to me last Mother's day to ease the pain of losing our beloved Newman. He was 10 yrs. old and had just been diagnosed with cancer. He was our first Yorkie. I was taking it very hard and so Jersey came hoping to eare our pain. She was 10 weeks old when we got her and a year and 6 days after putting our Newman down we had to put our Jersey Girl down.

Jersey developed an aggression out of now where and started attacking. Originally, it was thought that since hitting maturity she may have developed dog aggression. It broke my heart but in the best interest we listed her for adoption to a home with no other pets. Things were not right and I just was not convinced so I chose to hold off placing her.

She seemed better for a few days then got progressively worse. Had a small convulsion, cried out in pain and then started to growl. She started to turn her aggression on me. We went further and after speaking to our vet in great lengths it was told to us that there was a brain abnormalty found and the had also felt there was a liver problem. We spoke about trying to fix it but he said the best we could do was to put her down as she would get worse and get sicker. He said it's hard to fix the brain and usually when symptoms start like this it is too late. We put our little girl to rest yesterday and this is the first I am able to write.

My husband and I could not bring ourselves to tell her sons. They went through so much just a year ago with our Newman. Instead of telling them the truth we told them that we found Jersey a great home with the vet tech. that she lived a lone and had no other pets and Jersey loved her. I just couldn't tell them the truth.

I don't know when I'll be back on YT. I just can't bring myself to even go on the computer right now but wanted to let everyone know that Jersey is in a better place now. Her brother Newman is looking out for her and she's at peace. I pray that I can find peace with all of this. I always thought that putting Newman down would be the hardest thing I had to do but now a year later having to put down the little girl who was to ease our pain and at only 17 months old has just destroyed us.

Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!