View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #9
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by River
I just got a call from Indy's surgeon a couple hours ago and he said Indy was doing great! He found the shunt right away and took care of it, then he checked his liver really good and said it look fantastic, no sign of any disease or cirrhosis. We truly caught this in time! Since he was so healthy going into this the doctor decided that we don't need the lactulose, just stay on the l/d food and some antibiotics. In 6 weeks he needs another bile acid test and if it comes back normal I can wean him off the l/d and onto regular dog food and never look back!!! I can't believe things went so well!! I missed the little stinker so much last night!! I cried like a baby when I left him. When I got into the car this morning to go to work his crate was still in the car and I just had to take his blanket out and smell it!! How sad it that?!! He may be able to come home tomorrow night if he does really well, I have to call tomorrow morning and check on things. Thank you all so much for the support and prayers, I know it made a difference!!

That is great. I know you are extremely relieved. Keep us posted.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!