View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
LolaLove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Lola freaks out when she's alone!!! I need help!! (SEPARATION ANXIETY)

I have a 1.5yrs old girl who has extreme separation anxiety!! Even if I just leave to take the trash out, she freaks out and goes crazy, barking in a panic, and I'm afraid it will disrupt the neighbors! Plus, I feel really bad hearing her in such a panic. It's really ridiculous, but I literally have been bringing her everywhere with me. My boyfriend is about to kill me because I won't leave her home alone. He says "everyone leaves their dogs at home". It makes me feel bad and I know I should be able to, but I don't know how to get her used to it and not be upset when I'm gone. I have tried putting her in a crate but she just barks and barks and barks. No help.

I regret waiting so long to try and train her with this, but it was really hard so I just kind of put it off. I can't put it off anymore. Do you all leave your yorkie's alone?? Do you leave them for 8 hour days when you work?? I could never do that without getting someone to come check on her and take her out. How did you get it to happen?? I desperately need help!! I'm going back to work soon and need to figure out a plan QUICK!!

You guys are all so great!! So glad to be a part of this website!!!
LolaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!