View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
subro
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Horror then relief then embarrassment...

After work today I took Max for his usual walk. In the afternoons he likes to walk near his vet's office that is on a large, isolated lot. There is one house to the left separated from the vet by an eight foot high wooden privacy fence. Max was sniffing around and spotted a squirrel near the fence. He took off after it and had gone thru a space in the fence before I could catch him. I pulled on the leash but all that came back was the harness. I freaked out and was so scared I froze for a minute. I was so freaked out (he didn't have his collar on) that I didn't think to call COME. I kept calling his name but he didn't return. I ran down to the end of the fence and noticed another fence connected to the wooden one. This one was made of thick chicken wire (I think this is what it is called), about 4-1/2 feet and connected to the wooden one. I could see Max and was so relieved.

I called and he ran down to me but I couldn't reach him. The fence was thick and hard to bend but when he started going the other way, I jumped on it and crushed it. LOL! I grabbed him but didn't have a good grip on him and dropped him on the fence. He yelped a little but there was not way in Hades I was letting go. I finally got back to my feet, got Max, got the leash and walked to the vets office in a state. It was time for them to close but they helped me tighten his leash up and get him locked in. I was so flustered I didn't stop to think why they were all laughing. Well we walked home and I then found out why. I ran after work today and wore a pair of capri length tights. During the rush to find my sweet boy, I had ripped the left side seam which had left a 8-9 inch length of my leg and butt hanging out for all to see.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!